In order to manage risk and build technical knowledge during the construction of new build on the AMS Campus we intend appointing an Electrical Transition Team Engineer to work as an operational liaison between the Transition Team and Maintenance Team.
The Electrical Transition Team Engineer will act as Operations representative on the commissioning phase of the project to ensure that all equipment is functionally tested and handed over to operations in its as designed conditioned. In addition, the Electrical TT Engineer will be required to develop an in-depth knowledge of the technical systems and generate operational documentation to allow the CE Team operate and maintain the equipment safely and effectively. The Electrical TT Engineer will report to the Transition Team Supervisor. In dealing with the Project interface works in this way we try to limit the disruptive effect on the operational team, allowing them to focus on day to day operational and maintenance activities in the live facility.
- Act as “owners advocate” for start-up and electrical commissioning activities.
- Partner with Client and Equipment vendors to gain site and equipment knowledge.
- Attendance at different meetings with client, general contractor and sub vendors
- ( Cx/Start-up Meetings Integration Meetings etc.)
- Review of documentation (Drawings, O&M’s, Certificates etc) to assure correct and complete
- information is handed over to CE Operations team.
- Witnessing and reporting of FAT’s and SAT’s and assure issues are uploaded in assigned systems.
- Perform site acceptance through W3,4, and 5 walks, final equipment inspections, IST and Open
- Issue close-out.
- Perform quality inspections and manage raised issues(snagging/defects) in project tools.
- Checking and verifying fixed issues.
- Produce all site-related operational procedures (EOP’s and SOP’s)
- Assuring correct and timely handover of all assets and spare parts to CE Operational Team
- Develop Vendor Training Program in conjunction with the Transition Team Supervisor/Client EE (Electrical Engineer)
- Training of the CE operational team in the use of Cx programs.
- Advising client/operations on the local electrical codes (NEN/EN/IEC) and
- Supervise if works are carried out safely and report dangerous situations
- On completion of the final works on any particular Campus, the intent is that the Transition Team will form part of the overall CE operations team.
- A fully verifiable trade or engineering qualification in an electrical engineering discipline and verifiable additional training that is relevant to the proposed environment.
- 5 or more years’ experience at Technician/Engineer level in a critical environment (preference is given to data centre, hospital, pharmaceutical production or power plant experience).
- An excellent understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data centre environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems,
- Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units, CRAC units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
- Experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the data centre
- Experience of high, medium & low voltage distribution systems and associated switch gear and protection equipment
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English/Dutch), with the ability to communicate intelligently and effectively with the client and with contractors who perform maintenance or
- upgrade work on the data centre systems
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit regular reports and develop procedural documentation and presentations
- The ability to learn quickly and to gain maximum benefit from extensive training and development programmes aimed at ensuring that any identified knowledge or experience deficiencies are addressed in the short term
Niek Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583710
Niek Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583710