- Execute a safe, controlled & efficient material receipt, location control and issue process, in line with the construction priorities and work procedures.
- Set-up warehouse related communication, procedural and logistic structures with the client, home office, construction organization and contractors.
- Able to report at any time during a project, the location of the supplied materials u/t issue of materials to contractors.
- Pro-actively interface between construction and home office concerning materials required in relation to the project schedule.
- Forecast and actively manage the warehouse staffing requirements.
- Training/ mentoring of warehouse management potentials.
- Leading the warehouse team, if so required as a cooperating foreman.
- Development of a project/ program specific warehouse management plan (in line with the home office materials management plan and site/ client specific requirements
- Support/ advise construction management realizing project warehouse facilities (if required)
- Perform/ supervise commercial incoming goods inspections (including certificate check) according to procedures
- Manage & register the formal hand-over points at receipt & at issue of materials
- Supervise safe warehouse related horizontal and vertical movements
- Supervise safe offloading of delivered materials & loading of issued materials
- Perform/ supervise storage of the received materials in the most safe and suitable (lockable, fenced-off, conditioned) location
- Set-up and chair material handling meetings with construction contractors
- Perform/ supervise picking and issuance of free issue materials to subcontractors
- Prepare for upcoming material deliveries, based on the material status reports
- Actively participate in construction progress meetings and report on materials status (if requested)
- Handle spare and left-over materials
- MMS data/information interpretation and follow-up
- Running safe and tidy and administered warehouse facilities under his/her supervision.
- The quality of warehouse related movements data in MMS.
- Maintaining of an auditable file of the formal hand-over documents at receipt & at issue of materials.
- Assigning tasks to and leading of warehouse personnel under his/her supervision.
- The actions of warehouse personnel, under his/her supervision.
- Creating and maintaining a good working relation with the client, home office, construction organization and contractors.
- EN/DIN material knowledge is required
- Secondary (Technical) School + professional experience with supplementary general education.
- HBO working level
- Forklift certificate: national BMWT train certificate or a SSVV-recognized certificate
- Basic Safety VCA (B-VCA)
- Safety for Operational Managers (VCA VOL)
- VVL-H (Verplaatsen van lasten met handhijsgereedschap)
- or BVL (Begeleiden van Lasten) / Safe handling of loads
- or AbvL (Aanslaan en Begeleiden van Lasten)
- Good knowledge of active and passive English.
- Able to communicate verbally and by email on HBO level
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a similar supervising position in small and medium size or program related field construction projects or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar supervising position in large size field construction projects or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar supervising position in medium size field construction projects or equivalent.
- Understanding of cycle of materials from cradle to grave in an EPC environment
- Understanding of –to be received- materials including handling and storage precautions
- Ability to operate & maintain the Materials Management system and/or experience with similar materials management systems
- Good Oil & gas related material knowledge, especially pipe bulks & valves
- Good average understanding of material short descriptions/ specifications.
Milja Prince +31 (0)23-5583723
Milja Prince +31 (0)23-5583723