As Senior Civil & Plant Steel Engineer, you perform all necessary engineering activities related to civil and plant steel engineering, to include soil survey, foundations, e.g. piping, steel structures, concrete structures and buildings. You advise other Civil & Plant Steel Engineers with the performance of their assignments. You direct and review the work performed by the Civil & Plant Steel Designers and by civil and structural steel engineering subcontractors. You optimize design to achieve lowest possible quantities and consequently cost, but without compromising on safety, quality and project requirements. Furthermore, you advise the departmental manager in maintaining civil and structural steel engineering work instructions, specifications and standards.
- Is aware and cares for Health, Safety & Environmental aspects during daily actions, and drives HSE performance throughout project and or internal/ external services activities.
- All necessary engineering activities related to civil and plant steel engineering, to include soil survey, foundations, u.g. piping, steel structures, concrete structures and buildings.
- Advise / support / assist other Civil & Plant Steel Engineers with the performance of their assignments.
- Direct and review the work performed by the Civil & Plant Steel Designers and by civil and structural steel engineering subcontractors.
- Optimize design to achieve lowest possible quantities and consequently cost, but without compromising on safety, quality and project requirements.
- Advise DM in maintaining civil and structural steel engineering work instructions, specifications and standards.
- Review Customer technical requirements and incorporate in project related specifications and design drawings.
- Prepare Technical Specifications, Requisitions and Technical Bid Tabulations for the purchase of plant steel and specific items such as hoisting facilities and elevators.
- Coordinate civil and plant steel related issues with the other disciplines Process, Electrical, Instrumentation, Furnaces, Piping, Rotating and Static Equipment, Procurement and Construction.
- Prepare foundation loading and structural steel calculations.
- Coordinate civil and structural steel engineering and detailed design subcontracts to third parties.
- Coordinate the preparations, review and interpret the results of soil surveys by geotechnical companies.
- Review civil and structural steel engineering and detailed design performed by third parties.
- Perform Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design.
- Ensure overall quality of the civil and plant steel design by performing regular model reviews.
- Prepare civil and plant steel MTO’s for estimating, purchasing and construction tendering purposes.
- Assist project in technical coordination with the Customers.
- Review the project schedule related to civil and plant steel engineering activities.
- Prepare hours estimates and detailed planning of own work.
- Timely report engineering changes effecting manpower and schedule by means of CN procedure and follow-up upon Department and Project Manager’s approval.
- Report engineering and design status, progress and manpower forecast to the project manager, section supervisor and departmental manager.
- Ensure adequate 2nd pair of eyes check is performed by using the available design review checklists.
- Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points).
- Use Quantity Tracker Program (timely update and inform Project, Procurement and Construction about changes).
- BSc or MSc degree in Civil Engineering.
- Min. 10 years in similar function.
- Knowledge of international standards related to civil and structural steel design, such as Eurocodes, American codes, DIN, etc.
- Knowledge of applying civil and structural design software, such as Staad Pro.
- Knowledge of designing plant sewer systems.
- Familiar with applying 3D modeling software, such as PDS Frameworks and 2D drafting software, such as Autocad or Microstation.
- English, (Dutch), (German)
- Frequently contact with various other engineering disciplines, procurement department and project department.
- Regular contacts with construction, sales and estimating departments
- Regular contacts with clients and suppliers
- Is able to collect, absorb, put in order and process information.
- Accuracy Is able to execute tasks with a high level of accuracy. Processes data and/or performs actions with a high level of precision.
- Flexibility Is able to change their own behavior when chances or problems arise in order to reach a goal.
- Is able to unravel complicated problems or situations and subsequently put them in order and formulate these in a clear way.
- Is able to tune tasks of oneself (and others) and to put them in order, so that targets are realized in an efficient and effective way.
- Is able to address an employee regarding his/her responsibility, or to delegate responsibility, with the required guidance and corrections if necessary. Makes agreements and manages these.
- Is able to execute a task in a team; contributes to the group harmony and to maximize commitment of the members for the group goal, if needed to the expense of his/her own short term interests.
- Is aware that the delivered product must comply with defined demands, norms and priorities and acts upon these. Takes responsibility for the realized level of quality. Aims for continuous quality improvement.
- Is able to work result- and goal orientated, where also possible interesting sidesteps are used. States results clearly and the way by which they can be reached.
- Executing the work in accordance with all Group Statements and Benelux Policies as laid down in Procedures, Work Instructions and Guidelines.
- Adherence to QHSES regulations and the Code of Conduct
- Execute ad-hoc assignments as given by or endorsed by the Manager/ Vice President.
- Adequate coordination with other departments and disciplines is required to ensure an efficient and effective project execution with a minimum of disturbance.
Bas Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583721
Bas Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583721