As Senior Civil & Plant Steel Designer you perform all civil and plant steel design activities related to 3D modeling and preparing 2D drawings for foundations, e.g. piping, steel structures, concrete structures and buildings. You assist furnace steel section in 3D modeling and preparing 2D drawings of furnace steel structures as required. You assist also other Civil & Plant Steel Designers with the performance of their assignments. You advise the Departmental Manager in maintaining civil and plant steel related work instructions and standard drawings. Furthermore, you advise the (Sr.) Civil and Plant Steel Engineer in any activity at his request.
- Is aware and cares for Health, Safety & Environmental aspects during daily actions, and drives HSE performance throughout project and or internal/ external services activities.
- All civil and plant steel design activities related to 3D modeling and preparing 2D drawings for foundations, e.g. piping, steel structures, concrete structures and buildings.
- Assist furnace steel section in 3D modeling and preparing 2D drawings of furnace steel structures as required.
- Advise / support / assist other Civil & Plant Steel Designers with the performance of their assignments.
- Advise DM in maintaining civil and plant steel related work instructions and standard drawings.
- Advise / support / assist the (Sr.) Civil and Plant Steel Engineer in any activity at his request.
- Incorporate Customer technical requirements in project related civil and structural steel standards and drawings.
- Perform 3D modeling and prepare 2D drawings of u.g. piping systems, civil and steel structures and buildings.
- Ensure 3D modeling is executed properly and completed without clashes.
- Ensure the quality of the civil and plant steel design by performing regular model reviews.
- Assist the (Sr.) Civil & Plant Steel Engineer in coordinating civil and pant steel related design issues with other engineering disciplines.
- Assist the (Sr.) Civil and Plant Steel Engineer in preparing u.g. piping, civil and structural steel MTO’s.
- Assist the (Sr.) Civil and Plant Steel Engineer in Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design.
- Assist the (Sr.) Civil and Plant Steel Engineer in review detailed design drawings prepared by third parties.
- Use the available design review checklists.
- Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points).
- Technical College or BSc degree in Civil Engineering.
- Min. 10 years in similar function.
- Knowledge of designing plant sewer systems.
- Understanding structural strength and stability issues.
- Knowledge of applying 3D modeling software, such as PDS Frameworks and 2D drafting software, such as Autocad or Microstation.
- English, (Dutch), (German)
- Frequently contact with various other engineering disciplines.
- Information Processing Is able to collect, absorb, put in order and process information.
- Accuracy Is able to execute tasks with a high level of accuracy. Processes data and/or performs actions with a high level of precision.
- Flexibility Is able to change their own behavior when chances or problems arise in order to reach a goal.
- Is able to analyze data and possible ways to handle, seen in the light of relevant criteria, and make realistic judgments.
- Is able to express ideas and facts in a clear way, using relevant tools.
- Is able to address an employee regarding his/her responsibility, or to delegate responsibility, with the required guidance and corrections if necessary. Makes agreements and manages these.
- Is able to execute a task in a team; contributes to the group harmony and to maximize commitment of the members for the group goal, if needed to the expense of his/her own short term interests.
- Is aware that the delivered product must comply with defined demands, norms and priorities and acts upon these. Takes responsibility for the realized level of quality. Aims for continuous quality improvement.
- Is able to work result- and goal orientated, where also possible interesting sidesteps are used. States results clearly and the way by which they can be reached.
- Executing the work in accordance with all Group Statements and Benelux Policies as laid down in Procedures, Work Instructions and Guidelines.
- Adherence to QHSES regulations and the Code of Conduct
- Execute ad-hoc assignments as given by or endorsed by the Manager/ Vice President.
- Adequate coordination with other departments and disciplines is required to ensure an efficient and effective project execution with a minimum of disturbance.
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900