Our client is the leading owner, operator and developer of large scale, carrier and cloud neutral multi-tenanted data centres in Europe and Asia-Pacific. Customers use the services to outsource the location of their business critical IT infrastructure. Our ability to provide multi-tenanted environments in secure and resilient space solutions has led to a host of commercially sensitive organisations such as government agencies, banks, stock exchanges as well as multi-national blue chip companies choosing our clients as the location to house their IT equipment.
The Amsterdam data centre, directly connected to the national grid, is the city’s only provider with a dedicated mains power supply of 60MVA (current and planned) at 50kV. With 40,576 sq. m of state of the art space, a planned extension to the data centre will increase this by a further 28,000 sq. m. our client aims to consistently offer the highest levels of service, responding quickly to changes in technology and customer requirements.
The FM Shift Manager will be a technically competent individual. The FM Shift Manager is part of the technical team within the Amsterdam Site operations team and reports to the Facilities Manager. As a member of the site technical team, the Shift Manager is responsible for the availability of all critical technical infrastructure (power, cooling and safety & security systems) according to contractual agreements and client Service Level Agreements and forecasted capacity. The technical team needs to ensure a management representative is available on a 24/7 basis.
The assigned responsibilities are managed and executed in close cooperation with the incumbent Facilities Management contractor and specialist (Orginal Equipment Manufacturers) contractors. In this, the primary responsibility of the Shift Manager is to monitor and manage the contractors in order to perform the required operational service activities in a qualitative, safe and cost effective manner.
- Intermediate vocational education (MBO) Electrical Engineering qualification.;
- Significant experience maintaining and operating technical infrastructure in a production, mission-critical, revenue-dependent, 24/7 environment;
- Experience in managing maintenance contractors;
- Experience working with Electrical systems, power distribution units (PDUs), power management modules (PMMs), and static switches;
- Experience working with early detection, Fire suppression and alarm systems;
- Significant experience with generator and power production plants;
- Detailed knowledge of maintenance and operational procedures;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as the role requires consistent reporting and provision of a high quality of information externally and internally. (in English as well as Dutch);
- Analytical and task focused approach;
- High Voltage (HV) Authorised Person certification (pre);
- Management qualifications (pre);
- Health & Safety Qualification (Management of Health & Safety level) (pre).
Niek Knibbe +31 (0)23 558 3710