Our client is the leading owner, operator and developer of large scale, carrier and cloud neutral multi-tenanted data centres in Europe and Asia-Pacific. Customers use the services to outsource the location of their business critical IT infrastructure. Our ability to provide multi-tenanted environments in secure and resilient space solutions has led to a host of commercially sensitive organisations such as government agencies, banks, stock exchanges as well as multi-national blue chip companies choosing our clients as the location to house their IT equipment.
The Amsterdam data centre, directly connected to the national grid, is the city’s only provider with a dedicated mains power supply of 60MVA (current and planned) at 50kV. With 40,576 sq. m of state of the art space, a planned extension to the data centre will increase this by a further 28,000 sq. m. our client aims to consistently offer the highest levels of service, responding quickly to changes in technology and customer requirements.
The FM Shift Manager will be a technically competent individual. The FM Shift Manager is part of the technical team within the Amsterdam Site operations team and reports to the Facilities Manager. As a member of the site technical team, the Shift Manager is responsible for the availability of all critical technical infrastructure (power, cooling and safety & security systems) according to contractual agreements and client Service Level Agreements and forecasted capacity. The technical team needs to ensure a management representative is available on a 24/7 basis.
The assigned responsibilities are managed and executed in close cooperation with the incumbent Facilities Management contractor and specialist (Orginal Equipment Manufacturers) contractors. In this, the primary responsibility of the Shift Manager is to monitor and manage the contractors in order to perform the required operational service activities in a qualitative, safe and cost effective manner.
The FM Shift Manager monitors all site based plant, equipment and infrastructure, conducting daily walk rounds of the site and monitors the performance of the Facilities Management supplier. The Shift manager will implement and manage the yearly maintenance plan and, when required, coordinate and manage incidents and investigate route cause analysis on incidents and events.
The contractors are required to complete all reactive or planned maintenance activities in accordance with the site Computerized Maintenance Management System. The Shift Manager needs to ensure the works are completed in a timely manner and to a level of quality that is consistent with our company aims and customer requirements. Ensuring maintenance records are kept up to date will also be in the Shift Managers remit
The FM Shift Manager is managing quality time and process and is the representative to face the customer when required.
- Intermediate vocational education (MBO) Electrical Engineering qualification.
- High Voltage (HV) Authorised Person certification.
- Management qualifications.
- Health & Safety Qualification (Management of Health & Safety level).
- Significant experience maintaining and operating technical infrastructure in a production, mission-critical, revenue-dependent, 24/7 environment.
- Experience in managing maintenance contractors.
- Significant experience with generator and power production plants.
- Customer facing experience which combines both commercial and engineering aspects.
- Experience working with early detection, Fire suppression and alarm systems.
- Experience working with Electrical systems, power distribution units (PDUs), power management modules (PMMs), and static switches.
- Detailed knowledge of maintenance and operational procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as the role requires consistent reporting and provision of a high quality of information externally and internally. (in English as well as Dutch)
- Analytical and task focused approach.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Customer focused approach based on strong engineering competence.
- Knowledge of data center industry.
- Knowledge of people management processes, i.e. performance reviews, recruitment, disciplinary procedures etc.
- Knowledge or experience with ITIL,
- Pass 55 or ISO 55001 standards
- An ability to maintain professional composure and positive approach in pressured situations.
- Stress tolerance i.e continues to carry out incident management and problem analysis under time pressure
Bas Knibbe +31 (0)23 558 3721
Bas Knibbe +31 (0)23 558 3721