As a Senior Systems Engineer you are co-responsible for the availability and performance of our client’s network.
You are also co- responsible for all servers. You are first responsible for the backup of all servers, monitoring of IT-stock and the setup of PCs and laptops. Other responsibilities are the configuration of the images and packages, user account management and the handling and registration of non-standard access rights.
Is aware and cares for Health, Safety & Environmental aspects during daily actions, and drives HSE performance throughout project and or internal/ external services activities.
- Co-responsible for the availability and performance of our client’s network, which includes the Internet connection and the WAN connection. Main responsibility is at the Senior Network Engineer.
- Co-responsible for all servers: Linux and Windows. The main responsibility is at the Senior Network Engineer.
- First responsible for the backup of all servers.
- First responsible for the configuration of the images and the packages.
- Co-responsible for the availability, performance, quality and documentation of our client’s network infrastructure.
- Co-responsible for the availability, performance, quality, capacity planning and documentation of the setup of the servers, including virus protection.
- Co-responsible for the mail system, including the Internet connection and the Lotus Notes servers. Usually the first contact for the creation of mail accounts.
- Main systems administrator for user account management. Ultimate responsibility is at the Senior Network Engineer, in particular for the administrator accounts.
- Main responsibility in the coaching of freelancers and stagiaires in “secondline” support. Responsible for the technical instructions to new freelancers and stagiaires. Ensuring that freelancers and stagiaires work according to the procedures, work instructions and current working methods.
- Main responsibility for setup of PCs and laptops; i.e. configuration of the images and the packages: maintenance of the Sogeti configurations, proper hardware registration and communication with Sogeti on encountered problems.
- First responsible for the backup of all servers
- The monitoring of the IT stock
- The repair of IT goods
- Handling and registration of non-standard access rights.
- First responsible for the maintenance of the interface between the data coming from the Minerva/KTI-DB system and the Active Directory
- All IT staff is responsible to regularly check own calls in ITSys, solve calls in time and report if not possible and register solved calls as such in ITSys.
- Education MBO or HBO in IT with focus on Systems management
- Minimum of 5 years work experience
- Executing the work in accordance with all Internal Statements and Internal Policies as laid down in Procedures, Work Instructions and Guidelines.
- Adherence to QHSES regulations and the Code of Conduct
- Execute ad-hoc assignments as given by or endorsed by the Manager/ Vice President.
- Adequate coordination with other departments and disciplines is required to ensure an efficient and effective project execution with a minimum of disturbance.
- It is the responsibility of the employee to stay up to date in his/her specialty
- Analytical ability
Job related competences:
- Client Orientated
- Stress Resistance
- Quality awareness
- Result orientated
Benjamin Croonen 023-3032950