Are you the Senior Mechanical Engineer with 10+ years of experience? Then this might be an interesting job for you!
For our growing organization and our exciting new projects, our client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the team near The Hague.
- manage the main mechanical equipment and package units from concept through basic engineering up to EPC and start up of the refinery complexes,
- therefore monitor and analyze that concept and equipment selection is optimized taking into account technical and commercial performance (including HSE),
- supervise licensors and engineering contractors on the mechanical equipment and package units,
- will provide support to complete necessary technical requirements for equipment selection, supplier selection and start up and operational requirements,
- perform supplier selection and follow up delivery and installation of equipment and package units,
- be the point of contact for clients and suppliers regarding all mechanical questions and comments.
- manage the mechanical equipment and package units from concept to startup of the production facility and proved necessary support to the Client when needed.
- monitor quality to ensure project get the equipment as specified and meeting HSE requirements.
- participate in the projects in all phases: Concept/BEP/FEED/EPC to ensure continuity and that all learnings are maintained in the project and taken from project to project.
- maintain the mechanical knowledge database of our client with learnings from each project.
- upgrade the knowledge base with new developments in the mechanical field and where necessary develop partnerships with key suppliers.
- support the team with his/her knowledge to ensure best results are achieved;
- monitor and advise on commercial advantages to be achieved and being cost conscious.
- Bachelor degree, or higher, in a technical and commercial related field such as Mechanical Engineering;
- 10 – 15 years of Mechanical Equipment (static + rotating) in complex Engineering and EPC projects with (petro-) chemical companies/contractors preferably in PMC role;
- Familiar with preparing engineering data and mechanical drawings for external clients/suppliers;
- Experience in testing of equipment e.g. pressure testing of vessels and performance testing of rotating equipment;
- Good general knowledge of mechanical fabrication production methods;
- Must be fluent in English, both spoken and written;
- Well verse in relevant internationally acceptable codes, standards, and best practices such as but not limited to ASME II, V, VIII, IX, B31.3, B31.4, API;
- Potential software experience such as PVElite, TANK (by Intergraph), HTRI, BJACK;
- Pro-active all-around hands-on individual;
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate across the company;
- Commercially driven personality with a technical background;
- Team player and a natural communicator;
- Innovative, having an open mind for new technology (bio-based and low carbon footprint) and thinking out-of-the-box;
- Must be able to lead and delegate but also complete processes on your own;
- Expect to have an active role in optimization of company’s processes, both technical and organizational;
- Willing to travel frequently and (potentially) work in multiple parallel projects.
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23 3032900