Due to a broad spread of their portfolio, they serve the market segments of the future in addition to the traditional market segments; energy, food, pharma and building-related installations. With offices in the three port areas of Amsterdam, Schiedam and Antwerp, as a full-service engineering firm, they support clients worldwide in the development of projects. They distinguish themselves because of their pragmatic working method and all the colleagues have broad technological knowledge. They realize complete services from front-end to engineering, purchasing and construction management (EPCm) for national and international clients.
In your daily work you are involved with the 3D design in Inventor (in the study, concept and basic engineering phase). To test the design for strength, knowledge of our Finite Element Analysis program Ansys is recommended. Detail Engineering will be done by our (Junior) Engineers, it goes without saying that you will guide them in this phase. You are involved in the Design Reviews with the clients or other disciplines. In your role you are in contact with the various clients (customers) for whom you carry out projects. You run your projects in terms of content, but also in terms of scope, planning and budget.
In addition to your project activities, you are also the source of knowledge and source of information within the mechanical engineering discipline and you are able to guide and coach colleagues – in particular Junior Engineers.
Examples of our / your projects:
Spud construction for a cutter dredger: The spud poles keep the ship in place during the work at sea, we have designed an auxiliary spud pole construction. Activities including: Study, basic and detail engineering, FEM calculations with Ansys.
EMC chamber (mechanical part): Test room for space objects, completely closed off from the outside world, we were subcontractor for the design of the supporting structure, a large sliding door (6 x 11m) and a folding platform. Activities including: Design steel structure in collaboration with Civil Structural, large sliding door, retractable threshold, FEM calculations with Ansys.
Faraday cage: (mechanical part): Test room for parts of a windmill, we have designed the complete load-bearing structure and a hatch in the roof of 10 x 10 m. Activities include: Design steel structure, sliding roof hatch with vertical and horizontal movement mechanisms, FE calculations with Ansys, Design Risk Analysis, DFMEA, in collaboration with E&I and Civil Structural.
Calciner Furnace Tube: Catalysts are prepared here, we have made mechanical adjustments to the furnace tube. Activities including: Modification of the bearing/suspension and drive, FEM calculations with Ansys.
Surface inspection system (mechanical part): Within a steel sheet production line, cameras had to be installed for inspection of the surface on the top and bottom of the sheet. Activities including: Basic Design using a 3D scan of an interchangeable system for mounting cameras, detail engineering, collaboration with E&I, FEM calculations.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a Senior Engineer in a similar role in small – to (medium) large projects, gained within a professional engineering environment such as an engineering firm or machine builder;
- Motivated to migrate to the Netherlands with the intention to stay for the long term (permanently);
- Experience with general mechanical engineering / mechanical engineering is a requirement;
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor Professional.;
- Familiarity with ‘other’ subject-specific calculation software, such as Ansys is an advantage;
- Good communication skills and a high degree of independence in the execution of your projects;
- Experience in supervising (Junior) Engineers;
- A completed Mechanical Engineering education at least on Bachelor level;
- Good command of both the English language and the willingness to master the Dutch language on short term.
Esther Brummel +31 (0)23 3032960
Esther Brummel +31 (0)23 3032960