Our customer is a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation contractor with projects in Ireland, Europe and the UK. They are involved in projects across many sectors such as Pharmaceutical, Power, Waste to Energy, Commercial, Data Centre and Petrochemical.
The Construction Manager is primarily responsible for supervising and coordinating all the workings at a job site including that of a crew of electricians, apprentices, and labourers. He/She will establish and adjust work timelines to meet the construction schedule for the project, and organize and coordinate all project materials and equipment. The Construction Manager will also ensure that all work installed is completed in accordance with the standards set forth by our customer – all work will be completed on budget, on time, and in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
They are currently recruiting for a Construction Manager to initially be based on one of the Data Centre projects in the Netherlands.
- Generates high quality work in alliance with the vision and mission of our customer;
- Taking responsibility for health and safety on site;
- Leads by example – sets, monitors, and enforces the standards of safety, and exemplary quality of work set;
- Organising tools, plant, machinery and materials.
- Organising workers.
- Supervising construction activities.
- Coordinates with all other crafts working on a job site to ensure smooth transitions.
- Identifying materials and equipment that may be required.
- Ensuring construction is carried out accurately, following plans and specifications.
- Conducts quality control inspections on project sites
- Ensuring that contractor activities are properly co-ordinated.
- Ensuring that tasks are completed on time and to the required quality standards.
- Analyses and quickly resolves any work problems and may arise and ensures that all deficiencies on any given project are corrected in a timely manner.
- Training employees.
- Ensuring apprentices are provided with work experience relevant to their current requirements where possible.
- Maintaining detailed and accurate site reports.
- Communicating project progress to key stakeholders, such as the client, architects, engineers, and so on.
- Fully qualified Electrician, a degree/diploma in addition to this would also be of benefit
- An appropriate Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) card
- Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme, Site Management Safety Training Scheme qualification or other relevant supervisory or management course
- Proven track record in the industry, ideally working at Construction Manager level for at least 6 years
- Sound working knowledge of Health & Safety, delivering projects and managing staff, materials and budgets.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to juggle and manage many priorities
- Priorities and allocate time according to priority
- Assess relative risk and allocate time accordingly
- Effective communication and team working skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to build relationships across a wide range of professionals
- An thorough understanding of the Building Regulations
- Sound working knowledge of Health & Safety and first aid
- Manage performance: monitor, give feedback, confront issues
- Administration and record keeping skills
- Skilled at balancing the big picture with the need to get into detail
- Skilled at getting the job done
- Skilled at asking the right questions
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Ambition to succeed and progress
- Passion for delivering results
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-303 2900
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-303 2900