The incumbent is responsible for supporting the Site Projects team in overviewing the construction and capital expenditure of the appointed works for Global Switch. The jobholder will interact fully with other members of the Global Switch team, Customers, Customers Representatives, Consultants and Contractors to deliver designated project work on time and within the agreed budget and in accordance with all policies, systems, processes and procedures that are maintained in the data centre.
The role will be to support the Site Project Manager by overviewing the construction works of appointed project independently with control of the site PM. The project will relate to plant replacement.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
a) Maintain high standards of cost, quality and programme control throughout the construction phases of the projects.
b) Preparation of project budgets and programs, including documents for tender and negotiations with Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Suppliers, Design Consultants and Customers for best value.
c) Maintaining a strong focus on contractor management and performance, establishing and managing relationships with key stakeholders
d) Ensuring GS policies and procedures are fully followed in respect of change management, site access and timely availability of documentation for risk assessments of the planned works.
e) Evaluation of job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods and the cost-effectiveness of plans.
f) Identify, track and pursue opportunities to innovate design, de-risk programme, manage budget and project quality delivery
g) Conduct project review meetings with Contractors, Consultants and GS staff.
h) Assist in monitoring design and construction programme, cost control and project information systems to ensure successful project delivery.
i) Preparation of reports based on agreed standard formats that demonstrate and provide accurate information to the Senior Management team regarding projects currently in execution.
j) Ensuring compliance with all relevant local permitting and government/local authority regulations.
k) Ensuring all project plans and information are clearly and frequently communicated and understood by the relevant GS staff.
l) Ensuring the proper and complete handover of the completed works to the GS operations teams, including full customer sign-offs and preparation of as-built drawings.
- 5 Years Project Lead experience of working in an international construction/ engineering environment.
- Worked with international cost and project manager companies and specialist OEMs supporting Mission Critical environments
- Successful personnel record of delivery of projects, with a strong focus on M&E systems.
- Overview and manage projects up to € 5M
- Experience in a large, complex data centre
- Proficient in the use of MS Project and other MS Office programmes.
- In depth knowledge of general construction building, M&E works and local authority approval process.
- Understanding of local Health and Safety Regulations.
- Fully versed in PM tools, techniques and methods.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate initiative.
- Must have the ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Must be able to operate in an open management style and structure with an emphasis on team working.
- Medior Project Management skill level.
- Knowledge of Internet and Telecoms technology.
- Relevant Professional M&E design / construction / Project management qualification.
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900