Our customer is a leading supplier of wind power solutions to customers all over the globe. A key player and innovative pioneer in the renewable energy sector, we have installed products and technology in more than 90 countries, with a total capacity base of over 84 GW and 25,000 employees. They can offer one of the industry’s broadest product portfolios, with both offshore and onshore technology as well as industry-leading service solutions.
Our customer has grown to become the global leader in offshore power generation. Offshore projects in the Netherlands include Gemini, Westermeerwind, Borssele I & II, Windpark Fryslân and future Hollandse Kust I-IV.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our dynamic and high performing operations team. This role will be based in our The Hague office. The primary responsibility of the role is for completing all service preparation activities according to the turnkey service contract in advance of new wind farm Fryslan entering its operational life. The role will involve direct Customer responsibility as well as close collaboration with the site based operational teams. There is approximately 40% travel required with the role visiting customer location, windfarm location or other internal offices. The role will report into one of the Operational Project Managers in the team.
The Project Manager will directly lead implementation of the turnkey service project, according to the defined Project Management (PM) standards and customer & contract requirements, with end to end responsibility for economic results, quality, time schedule and EHS. The role demands both adherences to key Project KPI’s and a strong customer focus to ensure repeatable project success. You must have previous experience gained from a project management role where you have delivered performance excellence and customer focus and be able to demonstrate process discipline and sound commercial experience. In return we offer a competitive basic salary, holiday allowance, possible bonus scheme, pension and other benefits.
Some of your key tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Drive the standards, expectations, guidelines and culture to achieve an incident and injury free project execution in alignment with a clear safety mindset and their Zero Harm Program(s),
- Execute project strategy in accordance with project management standards through stakeholder engagement within Sales process, previous lessons learned, operational efficiencies and in alignment with Business Objectives and customer expectations,
- Ensure full implementation towards operations of all turnkey aspects e.g. turbines, sub-station, park cabling, foundations, crew transfer vessel, lifting barge, crew transfer harbour and other BOP related items.
- Direct responsibility of the Project Life Cycle from concept to final acceptance to ensure project schedule and key targets are met,
- Management of customer relationship through effective communication plan and escalation process to ensure project requirements and expectations are met,
- Regular reporting / updates to our management and stakeholders of project progress to plan, KPI’s. Advise of areas requiring escalation, decision for resolution & non-conformance,
- Direct responsibility for project financial performance to optimize gross profit, cash flow and project related assets, preventing claims, implement risk mitigation measures where needed,
- Show Leadership, mentoring and development of operational team members embracing our customers values and ethics. Supporting for hiring at site, developing career paths and leading PMP discussions for site related staff,
- Motivate and engage your team member to deliver their workstream(s) in time, be innovative, continually improve and standardize business processes, sharing and adopting best practice where applicable
- We are looking for someone who has proven experience in a Project Management role where they have dealt with the commercial and operational activities. You will be able to demonstrate experience of managing and developing customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree,
- Certification in Project Management methods like PMI, Prince2, IPMA or similar is a preference,
- At least 6-10 years working experience as Project Manager in an (international) organization,
- A technical background will be highly advantageous,
- You have strong skills in people management. You can work independently, are organized, sensitive to deadlines and budget restraints. You can recognize situations that warrant attention and develop practical solutions. Besides that, you are strong analytical and able to effectively communicate about your analysis and results. Besides that, you are an excellent networker and a team player,
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Dutch. German is an asset,
- Availability to travel as required.
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900