Our client is active in real estate and technology industries.
As a Project Controls Manager you will be directly responsible for the financial success of multiple projects within a division. Working closely with the programme lead and divisional commercial manager, you will have accountability for multiple projects on a live campus and will ensure they deliver financial performance in line with the business plan forecast. You will build and maintain strong and trusting relationships with your team and client representatives. Working in a fast moving industry you will have to be able to deal with constantly evolving client demands. You will be working with experts from a variety of disciplines including MEP, CSA, EH&S. As the commercial representative you will support them and assist them with solving problems and overcoming project challenges. As the senior commercial manager you must lead the project teams to ensure that the projects are executed to budget and administered according to the contract.
You will be expected to identify, report and manage all risk items associated with the operation of the projects under your control. You will work closely with your team and report to the divisional commercial manager each month to record progress made, potential opportunities, project and resource concerns as well as update the business on our risk management plans.
- Take full responsibility for all financial procedures on their project(s).
- Lead the commercial teams and be accountable for its success.
- Lead the project(s) so they adhere to and correctly execute the procurement process, to ensure best value for money, compliance, and the business interests are protected. This includes completion of the tender process, production of tender recommendations and negotiation and production of contracts.
- Produce tenders for new work and present to the leadership team for authorisation.
- Advise on procurement routes and contracting methodologies.
- Provide cost advice to the client at different stages of design maturity.
- Ensure compliance within the supply chain in regards to insurances and in country legislation.
- Actively manage risk by ensuring risk registers are produced and maintained, and by administering mitigation strategies.
- Ensure the external tender process is completed in a timely and competent manner.
- Complete the valuation process in a competent and proactive manner and actively manage the project cash flow. Including agreement valuations up and downstream and Instructing accounts to invoice clients and pay the supply chain.
- Ensure the change management process is actively managed. Ensuring contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the client in a timely manner and acting as a point of escalation.
- Undertake exemplar contract administration, ensuring payments, instructions and the correct contractual notices are served and in a timely manner.
- Attend and if necessary chair meetings with the design team and with works contractors.
- Ensure the project teams operate ‘rolling’ final accounts throughout the project.
- Close out final account and retention releases in a timely manner.
- Be accountable for all elements of financial reporting and profitability of the project(s), including review and approval of cost:value reconciliations (CVR), cash flow forecasts and costs to complete exercises.
- To compile, review and present project reports include consolidated CVRs, project turnover and sales forecasts.
- Actively monitoring and optimising project preliminaries and holding ultimately accountability for profitability.
- Compiling and presenting key operational and commercial updates to the divisional leadership team and board.
- To manage relationships with our clients and our supply chain.
- To provide line management duties for their commercial team. Including setting them to work, providing regular feedback, opportunities to develop, succession planning and performing formal performance reviews.
- Adhere to and ensure their teams adhere to the governance process.
- Work with your colleagues and team to Implement new and better ways of working.
- Embrace and promote the company culture.
- Preferable all round CSA, ICT & MEP experience.
- Recognised qualification in a building related subject essential.
- Previous experience of successfully carrying out a similar role preferable.
- Previous experience of construction work in a data centre environment preferable.
Milja Prince +31 (0)23-5583723
Milja Prince +31 (0)23-5583723