Our customer is one of the global key players in the crane electrification and automation business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by their automation technology. One of our latest developments is fully automated harbor cranes. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint will be transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Therefore we are looking for a Specialist Engineer in The Hague who will be participating in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes. You will be working in complex projects dealing with the integration of a diversity of systems like: Automation and subsystem software, S7 PLC’s, HMI systems, interfaces, drive systems and sensor systems. A typical projects last for 1 to 2 years and is realized with development / design in Holland & Germany followed by pre-commissioning in China and is finalized at the end customer location.
What are my responsibilities?
- Actively participate in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes;
- Design and prepare integrated software solutions to interface with various subsystems according to the requirements;
- As system engineer you interconnect functionality over various function blocks
- Able to read and create operational and functional flowcharts;
- For our clients you act as a connecting element between engineering, maintenance IT and operations
- Track, document and report development progress regularly;
- May cooperate with specialists of other disciplines or faculties, may coordinate technical interfaces;
- Perform Integral functional tests and acceptance tests together with client;
- Support or Perform commissioning at location globally;
- Participate in our lean approach to project engineering by identifying efficiencies in what we do.
- Completed HBO / TU degree in Electrical Engineering / Industrial Automation / Mechatronics or simular
- At least 3 years proven experience in the field of complex (automation) projects/ in an engineering environment as an engineer;
- Knowledge of and experience with SIMATIC S7 programming languages,
- Knowledge of dotNet application is a preference as well as: C++, C#, SQL;
- Knowledge from container cranes and or container terminals is a preference, as well as it is a preference if you have experience or at least affinity with industrial automation of machines, understanding the influence of software on the behavior of the machine;
- Business fluent English, ideally Dutch;
- Ability to travel for reasonable periods globally;
- In possession of a Dutch driver’s license, or in the process of obtaining it.
Milja Prince 023 558 3723