We are looking for a Junior Planner to join a close-knit, highly motivated and successful team entrusted with bringing Data Centres to life. You will be shadowing an experienced planning manager and provided will the highly regarded Primavera P6 P102 training to develop and maintain a critical project schedule. Your creative, initiative and forward thinking spirit will be challenged to produce innovative KPI’s and project reports for the management team. Management will rely on your valuable input to make important project management decisions. The ideal candidate will have a previous experience in planning or in the construction industry and will be keen to learn the trade to be fast tracked to become a Planning Manager. They will be able to demonstrate their interest through innovative thinking and creativity through various reporting tools.
- Exciting Data Centre opportunity
- Shadowing/mentoring to bring you up to speed with Primavera P6, KPI tools and reporting processes
- Provide you with Primavera training course P102, highly regarded as the leading planning tool for complex construction projects.
Main duties of an apprentice include;
- Establish positive and effective working relationships with the project team, line manager, other ISG colleagues and subcontractors
- Achieve deliverables and objectives set by your line manager to a high standard, seeking support and input as appropriate
- Act to further development and involvement within projects to help support and bolster learning and experiences whilst on the programme
- Understand and actively promote the ISG values and safety culture in all dealings
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is received, reviewed and communicated where necessary for the project
- Obtain progress information from project team and update Project Schedule at intervals defined by your line manager.
- Produce Project Reports, and attend Project Meetings as defined by your line manager
- Support/ lead as appropriate site progress meetings with trade/sub-contractors
- Handle any problems on site and understand how to identify, monitor, document and resolve risks
- Drafting weekly and monthly reports and supporting any other planning related activities.
- Regularly update and accessorily develop Key Performance Indicators for the project, including project and labour KPI’s
- Develop a broad knowledge of all specialisms within ISG and an understanding of how they fit into your specialist area
- Maintain key site records on a daily basis including; photographs, meeting minutes, site diary, trackers etc
The above is not an exhausted list, other duties will be required as directed by the rotations and objectives set. All duties will be linked to your ongoing development within the role.
- Have achieved grade BBC from three A-Levels, preferably including a maths or science subject, (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at DMM grade or above
- Ideally have a previous experience in planning or construction engineering.
- be passionate and motivated to deliver to a high standard whilst adopting a lead by example approach with sub-contractors and team members
- have excellent written and oral communication, ability to influence without authority and to be adaptive in communication styles
- be driven to achieve results, with strong attention to detail, analytical and able to tackle problems effectively and calmly
- evidence the ability to plan and prioritize effectively.
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900