The Health Safety and Environmental Manager is responsible ensuring that we are fully discharging our legal duties as stipulated by relevant Statutory Instruments, Codes of Practice and Guidance and following our company standards and management systems. As part of the Health and Safety Department you will be accountable and report to the Country Lead for the Technology Solutions Team and the Group Health, Safety and Environmental Lead.
The Health Safety and Environmental Manager shall:
- Attend all mandatory meetings with Internal Team, Contractors and Client on Health, Safety and Environmental issues, provide actions and close out as necessary.
- Provide competent HSE advice, deliver Tool Box Talks and lessons learnt to internal team and contractors.
- Investigate all accidents / incidents and near misses and provide recommendations to prevent further occurrences.
- Continually develop, record and produce reports on HSE performance to provide; accident / incident statistics, compliance with Management Systems.
- Liaise and build relationships with Client and Trade Contractors.
- Capture and encourage innovations and new Health and Safety initiatives from our own staff and from Trade Contractors and promote Best Practice with trades and share with the wider Group.
- Lead by setting a personal example and actively promote at all levels of the company’s commitment to effective HSE management.
- Communicate and assist in providing project teams a general understanding of their HSE responsibilities.
- Ensuring colleagues and any contractors appointed by us work in a safe manner and without risks to health so far as is practicable.
- Ensuring project related plans, inductions, other related processes updated and effectively carried out on site.
- Reviewing and where appropriate accepting or challenging risk assessments and method statements whilst monitoring the implementation of the same on site in order to assist the project teams in the safe delivery of their project/s.
- Undertake site inspections and audits. Reporting on any improvements whilst monitoring implementation of Management systems.
- Communicating effectively with enforcing authorities and Clients regarding policies, procedures, inspections, accidents and incidents and ensuring that accidents and dangerous occurrences are reported promptly to the Group Health and Safety Lead,and other necessary persons.
- Ensure relative KPIs are met and reported to group for performance monitoring.
- Investigating accidents/incidents as required by the safety management system and communicate findings to appropriate channels.
- Communicate Group HSE initiatives, ensuring their implementation on site, measuring and monitoring their effectiveness
- Promote HSE excellence within the business, disseminating best practice across the business and with contractors by discussion, briefings, training sessions and effective communication.
- To drive, own and deliver our health and safety expectations across all projects and support delivery teams and contractors in achieving health and safety excellence
- To participate in health and safety forums with the wider Group of businesses.
- Organise safety walks with Project/Client/Contractor Teams and enforcing authority representatives.
- Implement HSE initiatives as stipulated by Group.
- Ability to coach and lead a small team.
- Qualified to basic NEBOSH certificate and Construction NEBOSH certificate.
- Qualified or working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Analytical skills.
- Pleasant and confident manner.
- Methodical approach to duties.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to transmit and write reports.
- Word and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900