Our client is a dynamic construction services company, delivering robust and future-proofed places that help people and businesses thrive. Our 2,800 worldwide specialists deliver not just buildings, but also an exceptional dynamic and strong customer relationships built on mutual trust, collaboration, and open communication. We blend our unparalleled track record, sound processes and proven delivery methods with a fast-paced and agile culture, ensuring we deliver thriving places that are as agile and resilient as their occupants.
Our client is moving into a transitional period, looking at the future of Construction and Real Estate management. We are recruiting for some exciting new roles in this arena.
The candidate’s background should include all or most of the following experience:
- A background in management of a large team in a Data centre environment
- Proven track record in Health & Safety duties on site to ensure safe work environment
- Working to P&L and ensure spend is monitored sufficiently
- Managing of SLA requirement and compliance
- Demonstrated operational skills and experience to maintain and operate a building of this nature and type.
Project Delivery • Offer assistance from an operations point of view to the design process through site prepared information (Stage 3) to construction information for delivery (stage 4 -5); • Provide input to the services design and supporting the co-ordination of other services packages; • Review relevant information and ensure compliance with the Employers Requirements (SoR’s); • Engage with the main contract design team to understand the basis of design development and any changes which are being presented; • Ensure information is compliant with the Planning / Permitting requirements for the scheme; • Attend all design meetings; • As required from a MEP perspective, work with utility and infrastructure providers to develop relationships, attain relevant information, and ensure the delivery of the Utility elements are timely and in accordance with the project schedule. • Assist in the review of Customer changes, and provide positive technical input to the change control process, supporting the Development Management team in ensuring best value for Customer and the Investment; • Ensure all operational aspects are taken into account and communicated to the Projects team using the appropriate tools and methods. Handover Preparation and Handover • Work alongside the Main Construction team to prepare for handover. Ensuring site quality control procedures are in place; • Attend commissioning activities to ensure compliance with the Employers requirements; • Undertake quality inspections of the site to ensure the highest installation standards are maintained; • Be positive, pro active and collaborative, introducing an attitude of progress and togetherness.
Support and work with the FM provider to offer support, couching and steering to ensure 100% compliance of all duties that fall within the FM SP Scope. This will also include authorization for FM SP to carry out tasks that present engineering risks to the continued operation of site.
- Ensure health and Safety Policies are kept at the highest standards
- Ensure Building maintains 100% uptime using all reasonable means and methods to achieve, taking into consideration Health & Safety and financial obligations but still keeping focus on client needs
- Work alongside Critical Environment manager to ensure processes and procedures are kept at a standard that ensure 100% uptime of the DC. This will also include assisting in Audits to FM SP, and internal team
- Ensure compliance of FM provider with Critical Environment Processes
- Ensure that FM SP carries out any obligation essential to the continued operation of the DC, taking into consideration SLA to client, Maintenance adherence, Monthly test requirements and FM SP readiness at all times
- Review of “post Mortem” for all incidents are properly carried out and appropriate actions are carried out.
- Together with CEM promote and manage lessons learnt/Problem Management to ensure information has appropriate use to ensure carried through to asset
- Ensuring complete compliance in regard to the clients processes and procedures, also ensuring Local in-house staff and FM provider demonstrate compliance with processes and procedures
- Continued Health & Safety awareness in operational tasks to both Inhouse staff and contractors and adherence of this in EOP/SOP
- Responsible for implementation and review of Electrical based SOP and EOP. All EOP/SOP will need to be verified and signed off by the Electrical Engnieer and Critical Facilities Manager
- Assistance in the review and approve of SMOP/MOP(Risk assessment and method statement) from Contractors required to carry out work in the building
- Assist Campus Operations Manager in all reports. These could be daily, weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual and will be of technical nature
- Ensure all Works are carried out safely in accordance with Best practices for Health & Safety and ensuring company process and procedures in this regard are promoted and communicated. This will apply to in-house teams, contractors and public.
- Ensure all procedures are carried out in a manner that accurately captures critical information and sign off in regards to AIR and change process
- Actively participate in End of Life discussions and procedures for the planned and proper replacement of assets that are deemed end of life
- Work together with the Critical Environment manager to identify and assist in all technical aspects in the proposed and existing processes
- Assist the CEM and Service desk co-ordinator in the correct planning of the Asset for PPM purposes. This will also include confirming the correct scope of works for the assets that are existing or are to be added
- Together with CEM carry out audits to FM provider to ensure compliance with correct PPM signoff by FM Service Provider
- Attend required meetings with Key stake holders to represent Operations to ensure proper and correct decisions based on facts are made for the good of the Operational team and strategy
- Assist Data Center Service Delivery manager in pro active approach to client management, providing and sourcing solutions for requests
- Any other task that the Campus Operations manager deems necessary within reason.
- Manage in house team of approximately 10 FTE, and end responsible for FM provider team circa 30-40 FTE
- Qualified Engineer, to degree level, with approximately 3 – 5 years of post graduate delivery experience;
- Experienced in the delivery of Technical Projects, with a bias towards Building Services;
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and people management skills are essential;
- Logical, considered and professional, with an ability to work collaboratively with a varied stakeholder group;
- Ability to multi task;
- Ability to understand the wider picture whilst devoting attention to detail;
- Proactive, diligent, able and willing to think ahead;
- Attitude: characterised by enthusiasm, commitment to personal and divisional success;
- Quality driven; demonstrates attitude and experience of delivery projects based on quality, attention to detail and client satisfaction.
Niek Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583710
Niek Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583710