Our customer is a leading supplier of wind power solutions to customers all over the globe. A key player and innovative pioneer in the renewable energy sector, we have installed products and technology in more than 90 countries, with a total capacity base of over 84 GW and 25,000 employees. They can offer one of the industry’s broadest product portfolios, with both offshore and onshore technology as well as industry-leading service solutions.
Our customer has grown to become the global leader in offshore power generation. Offshore projects in the Netherlands include Gemini, Westermeerwind, Borssele I & II, Windpark Fryslân and future Hollandse Kust I-IV.
We are looking for a Handover Manager & Document Controller to join our dynamic and high performing operations team. This role will be based in our The Hague office. The Handover and Document Controller is responsible for defining the standards, processes, and tools related to the delivery of the turnkey parts including the turbines and the documentation scope for our turnkey large lakeshore windfarm. As a team member you are responsible for managing the timely and quality delivery of technical status of each package of deliverables including the documentation scope on our various execution parts of the project entering its operational life. The role will involve direct supplier contact as well as close collaboration with the site based operational teams and close alignment with the local project execution teams. There is approximately 40% travel required with the role visiting supplier, construction, mobilisation, customer, windfarm locations or other internal offices. The role will report into one of the Project Manager within the Fryslan team.
What are my responsibilities?
The Handover Manager & Document Controller will ensure that the turbines and the various packages are delivered according to the service contract. You will ensure quality during the whole of the value chain of each separate package all the way towards final handover from the project (installation) team to the operations (service) team. Keeping an eye on economic results, quality, time schedule and EHS. The role demands both adherences to key Project KPI’s and a strong project focus to ensure repeatable project success. You must have previous experience gained from a Quality type of role where you have delivered performance excellence and project focus and be able to demonstrate process discipline and sound quality experience. In return we offer a competitive basic salary, holiday allowance, possible bonus scheme, pension and other benefits.
Some of your key tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Drive the standards, expectations, guidelines and culture to achieve an incident and injury free project execution in alignment with a clear safety mindset and their Zero Harm Program(s),
- You are a main contact for our operation(service) team, supporting them in aligning the documentation scope of a project until full implementation in the operations phase (both with the customer and internally),
- You will ensure regular quality gate checks during the whole of the value chain of each separate package e.g. turbines, cables, monopiles and platforms from the factory all the way to its final position within the windfarm according to the contract ensuring a seamless final handover to the operations team. This means a zero-snag delivery with a high quality.
- Quality checks can be factory test, mechanical walk downs, electrical walkdowns and final walkdowns in order to ensure our high-quality standard.
- You ensure the processes and tools to be followed and used for project handover and documentation delivery are addressed and aligned early in the project,
- Use project management standards through stakeholder engagement within the handover process, previous lessons learned, operational efficiencies and in alignment with Business Objectives and customer contract expectations,
- Contribute on the Project Life Cycle from start to final acceptance to ensure project schedule and key targets are met,
- Regular reporting / updates to our management and stakeholders of project progress to plan, KPI’s. Advise of areas requiring escalation, decision for resolution & non-conformance,
We are looking for someone who has proven experience in a Project Management role where they have dealt with the commercial and operational activities. You will be able to demonstrate experience of managing and developing customer relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree,
- You have a strong business acumen, preferably gained within a technical business environment. Knowledge of Tender,
- You have strong relationship building skills, both internally across different functions and externally towards our suppliers,
- At least 4-6 years working experience as Quality or Handover / document Manager role in an (international) organization,
- A technical background will be highly advantageous,
- It is likely that you have a relevant level of education and a successful track record within similar positions but are keen to learn and develop your knowledge and skills further,
- You have strong skills in people management. You can work independently, are organized, sensitive to deadlines and budget restraints. You can recognize situations that warrant attention and develop practical solutions. Besides that, you are strong analytical and able to effectively communicate about your analysis and results. Besides that, you are an excellent networker and a team player,
- You are internationally minded and enjoy working across cultures,
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Dutch. German is an asset,
- Availability to travel as required.
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-3032900