TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 21,000 kilometres of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
In September 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. This agreement also sets targets for offshore wind development. In June 2014 the Dutch government confirmed the decision for an offshore grid.
The decision to realize 3500 MW of offshore wind energy has been taken in the law ‘Wind op Zee” and TenneT has been appointed as the offshore grid operator. The technical concept (eg. standard platforms) has been developed and the realisation of the projects Borssele and Hollandse Kust Zuid is ongoing. In September 2019, the first Dutch offshore substation, Borssele Alpha, is due to be operational, with 4 additional offshore substations following from 2020 through 2023. In March this year, the Dutch government announced another 7GW of offshore wind capacity to be realized by 2030.
The Large Project Offshore (LPO) department is responsible to initiate, prepare and realize the connections of the offshore wind farms in the Dutch part of the North Sea. A great opportunity for people who are willing and able to work and build in a dynamic and innovative environment. We are currently looking for a:
Project Handover Specialist / Documentalist (Land station Hollandse Kust Zuid)
The scope of work is set from the manufacturing stage until completion of trial operation and handover. The Project Handover Specialist ensures that the documentation during these phases is according TenneT handover specifications, regulatory requirements, permit conditions and other available conditions. This is done in close cooperation with the Project lead Hand Over, Project Manager Land Station, Commissioning Manager and the Site Manager.
Roles, tasks and responsibilities:
- Alignment with internal stakeholders (Asset Management (ATF), Grid Field Operations (GFO) and Project Management Office (PMO)) and contractors for Handover Documentation;
- First contact for the project in relation to all of the Handover Documentation topics at the land station;
- Create and implement together with the Project lead Hand Over, Document manager projects and Project manager land station internal instructions for site teams / construction site;
- Establish processes for early involvement of GFO in the technical documentation review;
- Responsible for QA processes for structuring and follow up of all site documentation form sub-contractors to have a correct as built documentation set and all test results from installation and commissioning are in place;
- Interdisciplinary way of working – considering what influence decisions have on other disciplines or later stages in the project e.g. for handover;
- Overseeing the complete process from design to handover and overseeing implications on other related processes;
- Able to alert and act directly to prevent expected difficulties;
- Able to provide direct steering to documentation issues which occur on site, prior to the upload process commences. This results in higher quality of formal processes;
- Set up regular handover meetings with the contractors to guarantee a smooth handover of documentation.
- In particular, the following documents / processes have to be considered:
- Test and verification documentation / construction process (including accompanying documentation, if necessary documentation for the approval process, certificates, permits);
- Monitor construction completion documentation including all accompanying documentation for the desired phase;
- As Built process / red/blue marked documentation (control and carry out regular verification of the contractors documentation);
- Handover Documentation specification (control and carry out regular verification of the contractors handover documentation).
- You have completed at least a relevant education on Bachelor level and affinity with ICT;
- You have proven knowledge and experience (3 years +) of organizing handover documentation and information streams in complex project organizations preferable in the electrical engineering, civil construction and/or offshore field;
- You have good communication skills and are able to organize and schedule activities well;
- You show initiative, you are analytic, sensitive, aware of different interest and capable of balanced judgment;
- You are able to present yourself towards internal and external stakeholders;
- Knowledge in one or more document management systems; experience with Think Project and SharePoint is an advantage;
- You are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed); no ‘nine to five-mentality’;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and in writing.
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-30302900
Abigail Bakker +31 (0)23-30302900