TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 21,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 41 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further.
In September 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. This agreement also sets targets for offshore wind development. In June 2014 the Dutch government confirmed the decision for an offshore grid.
The decision to realize 3500 MW of offshore wind energy has been taken in the law ‘Wind op Zee” and TenneT has been appointed as the offshore grid operator. The technical concept (eg. standard platforms) has been developed and the realisation of the projects Borssele and Hollandse Kust Zuid is ongoing. Currently, the first Dutch offshore substation Borssele Alpha is being commissioned and shortly ready for operation, with 4 additional offshore substations following from 2020 through 2023.
On top of this, the government published recently a roadmap aiming for another 7.000 MW up to 2030. A roll-out strategy is being prepared for the medium term, including the IJmuiden Ver (DC) project: a 4 GW submarine HVDC connection from offshore wind-farms in the North sea to the Dutch electricity grid. Until end of 2018 the plans for the connection has been further developed where after in 2019 the project has started. The ‘Offshore NL’ department (NLO) is responsible to initiate, prepare and realize the connections of the offshore wind farms in the Dutch part of the North Sea. A great opportunity for people who are willing and able to work and build in a dynamic and innovative environment. We are currently looking for a: RDS-PP Advisor.
The RDS PP Advisor is responsible for the preparation, alignment and execution of the complete asset data and coding system RDS-PP from contractor to project team to operation and maintenance.
- Set-up, manage and control of all asset- and meta-data in offshore project Hollandse Kust Zuid for the AC grid connection;
- Manage and control contractors to apply correct RDS-PP coding according TenneT’s specifications;
- Responsible for all incoming, outgoing and applied asset- and meta-data;
- Aligning data management systems;
- Alignment with all relevant internal stakeholder.
- You have extensive knowledge of asset designation system coding RDS-PP (prerequisite!);
- You have preferably a Bachelor degree in a relevant area;
- Experience with energy station and/or offshore projects;
- You have experience with working in an international environment;
- You are a good communicator, both verbally and written; language skills are good in English and preferably also in Dutch and in a lesser extend German.
Niek Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583710
Niek Knibbe +31 (0)23-5583710